Wednesday, 19th June: players arriving in Pisa and getting transferred to Piombino Marittima; getting a ferry boat to the island of Elba, settling in the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
Thursday, June 20th
Elba island: out of the blue, into the blue
Choose your activity:
Can you bring to mind the moment when you dived into the blue sea? The water makes you shiver but it excites you at the same time, the sound of waves suddenly disappears leaving enough room for silence? The world drifts apart: what remains is you with the water and the feeling of freedom.
Diving into Play Your Tuscany will be exactly like that, it will get you excited in complete freedom allowing you to choose your morning activity between:
- Sornkeling & Diving (ATTENTION: IT IS NECESSARY TO HAVE A LICENCE/MEMBERSHIP CARD FOR DIVING)
- Kayaking (Participants must have a swimsuit, a towel, scuba diving booties or old sneakers, a synthetic T-shirt)
- 1) ArcheoTrek “Upright Stones” and the ancient Columns: Half day trekking that includes walking right in the midst of the Mediterranean scrub. A journey back in time where you can come across menhirs, prehistoric burial sites and ancient Roman granite caves and where, thanks to abundant evidences, we can reconstruct all the phases of manufacturing and transportation two thousand years later. A loop itinerary: San Piero – Sassi Ritti (Upright Stones) – Ancient Caves – San Piero. For lovers of Archeology and Mediterranean flora.
- 2) San Bartolomeo, Mystic and Wild Elba: Half day trekking with panoramic view of the sea. Walking among the blooms of the scrub we will reach the striking ruins of the San Bartolomeo church while finding many traces of the island ancestors. A loop itinerary: Pomonte – San Bartolomeo – Chiessi – Pomonte. Difficulty: medium. For lovers of History and Nature.
- 3) “The secrets of the Mount Calanche”: Half day trekking to admire the most spectacular panorama of the Elba island. A walk deep into majestic and wild scenario, wrapped up by the island colours and perfumes up to the peak (908 m), finding centuries old yews, high ground fortresses, pastoral refuges and a lot of silence. A loop itinerary: Mount Perone – Mount Maolo – Filicaie – Mount Calanche – Mount Perone. Difficulty: intensive. For lovers of trekking and silence.
- Play the game by your rules! Tell us what you would like to do!